This week is flying by. We have had a super crazy week here. I've been learning about Blog Hop's this week. More specifically blog swaps. This is where you and another blog author write about each other. What a super great idea huh? Look for the First Blog Hop Entry coming soon. Also, if you would like to blog hop or swap with me please comment and I'll consider you for a future entry!
Something else for this Thursday is my new found love for crock pot cooking! If you follow my personal facebook page you may have already seen what I cooked up for dinner on Tuesday. Here is the recipe for an awesome crock pot loaded potato soup!
8 oz of Bacon (about 8 slices)
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons of minced thyme
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6 medium) peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for serving
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
3 scallions, sliced thin
1. Cook bacon in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate and refrigerate until dinner time. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat in skillet.
2. Add onion, garlic, and thyme to fat in skillet and cook over medium-high heat until onion is softened and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in 1 cup broth, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to slow cooker.
3. Stir remaining 3 cups broth and potatoes into slow cooker. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 4 to 6 hours on low.
4. Transfer 2 cups cooked potatoes to bowl and mash smooth with potato masher. Stir cheddar into soup until evenly melted, then stir in mashed potatoes and cream. Let soup sit until heated through, about 5 minutes.
5. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve with scallions, bacon and additional cheddar sprinkled on top.
Okay, well that's how I see things this Thursday. Happy St. Patrick's day.